Monday, April 16, 2007

Fifty things you don't know about me

1. I have friends who have done a list of 100 things on their blog.
2. I'm not going to do that.
3. I'm very good at procrastinating. Like now? I should be studying.
4. When I was five I went with my family to do a VBS at an Indian reservation in Gallup, NM.
5. During the trip, we made a stop at the Grand Canyon.
6. I was tired and stayed in the car.
7. I went to one school for all twelve years of elementary, junior high and high school. Not one school system. One school.
8. There were twelve people in my senior class who started first grade with me.
9. I edited my high school yearbook.
10. I went to student congress two years in a row.
11. I made a deliberate decision to make OK grades and have fun instead of studying all the time.
12. I was still an honor grad.
13. I was in chorus and traveled all over the US with my friends.
14. I went to New Hampshire two summers in a row to do VBS.
15. I spent one summer cleaning dorms on a college campus. Yuck.
16. I worked at Wal-Mart.
17. I told my high school history teacher we should "let the dead bury the dead."
18. Now I love history.
19. Along with several other honor-grad friends, I rolled my 12th grade English teacher's house.
20. We ran into one of our moms in the store while we were buying toilet paper.
21. Our teacher was hosting the football party that night.
22. We told the mom that we were buying toilet paper for the party.
23. I wear a toe ring all the time.
24. My toe rings makes me feel young.
25. I'm not young.
26. I love music. LOVE music.
27. Some days I very much want to run away and be a groupie for a Christian rock band.
28. I had four of my babies at home with a midwife.
29. I was continually nursing or pregnant (or both!) from September 1988 to March 2001.
30. I seriously considered throwing a party for myself when that was over!!
31. We homeschooled for 8 years.
32. I learned more homeschooling my own children than I did in college.
33. I think formal education is just means of jumping through society's hoops. Real education comes from life.
34. I read Huck Finn in 4th grade.
35. I was a light, light blond as a child.
36. I would've been a Jesus hippie if I'd been born in time.
37. In high school biology, my frog was full of eggs. I didn't have to dissect it any further than that.
38. I will probably always love rock music.
39. I had to miss a Chicago concert in high school because of a yearbook deadline.
40. My friend bought a t-shirt for me.
41. There's a picture of me in the yearbook with that t-shirt on. In the yearbook office. How ironic is that?
42. I make mean chocolate chip cookies.
42. And pot roast.
43. I rarely have time to cook anymore.
44. I've been to the football hall of fame and the baseball hall of fame.
45. I wasn't really impressed by either.
46. I cried when the Old Man in the Mountain fell. It's a New Hampshire thing. Look it up.
47. When I took language study, I did my semester project on the Elvish languages in Tolkien's ring trilogy.
48. I wear heels a lot.
49. I went to a Air Supply concert in high school.
50. I'm going to bed now!!

2 comments:

AbbieCRAZY said...

I,too, wear a toe ring all the time now! I've even taken to having my toenails painted all the time, too. There's something wonderful about nice feet.

I was at that same Air Supply concert. Good times.

Lisa said...

Good times indeed!

I too love having nice feet, but am not quite ready for sandal weather yet. I need to break out the polish!