Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Taciturn Tuesday


I don't really know what it is, but somehow I'm off today.  Yesterday, I was home with a migraine.  Not just a bad headache; a migraine.  Light did weird things to me and I could read but couldn't really process what I was reading.  I stayed home from work and slept a lot.  Today, I woke up with a bit of leftover headache, but all the peripheral symptoms were gone so I came to work.  Focusing is still hard, though.

I like to know why.  I like reasons so I've been trying to figure out why I feel so very blah today. Is it migraine hangover?  Maybe?  Is it stress from having a lot to get done before school starts?  Very possibly?

Or maybe I just miss Jason.  Maybe I've become accustomed to the balancing element he adds to my life.  I'm good at starting projects; he helps me follow up and finish things.  I overestimate or underestimate how long projects will take so I'm always a tad off; he methodically works through things and gets more done than I ever could.  I seem to have become a worrier in recent years; he helps me remember to laugh at life.







He's a true companion in my daily life and I miss him.  He's in Guatemala working as a translator for a medical mission trip.  I love that this is part of his summer each year.  His servant heart is so beautiful and I'm thankful that he gets to use his knowledge of the Spanish language.

I wish I could explain the difference it makes to have a spouse who is a believer.  A true believer.  If I could bottle that and share it with young adults, I might be able to save them some heartache.  

I miss his humor too.  I talked about how much he balances me, but OH!  How he makes me laugh too!  






I'm blessed beyond anything I ever thought I would be.  I'm happy in ways I didn't know would be possible for me.

And I am thankful.  Thankful beyond words for the peace and joy and happiness that Jason has brought to my life.  I'm honored to wear his name.


No comments: