Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm just trying to write more . . .

. . . so bear with me while I do a few posts just to get into the habit of posting.

1. What time did you get up this morning?
5:00 am

2. How do you like your steak?
Medium Well

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Skyfall, the  new James Bond movie.  What is the next film I will see at the cinema?  Probably Skyfall.  Again.

4. What is your favorite TV show?
Of all time?   LOST.  Now?  Once Upon a Time.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I don't know.  I've never really thought about it.  Searcy is home.  Always has been, always will be.  I love going and visiting other places, but don't know that I have a burning desire to live somewhere else.

6. What did you have for breakfast?
Coffee with hazelnut creamer, half a blueberry bagel with real butter.

7. What is your favorite food?
Food. 


8. Foods you dislike?
There aren't many, although I don't really like handling meat when I cook it. I don't like organ meat.  I don't like sauerkraut.  I don't really like fast food, although I do occasionally have a craving for a greasy double cheeseburger. 


9. Favorite place to eat?
Any place with family and friends.

10. Favorite dressing?
Fat free Italian

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
I own a Suburban, but it's been in the shop for almost a month, so I'm currently driving my daughter's Camry.

12. What are your favorite clothes?
Jeans and sweatshirts.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Anywhere that drips with church history -- cathedrals, monasteries, abbeys, the Middle East.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
1/2 full

15. Where would you want to retire?
Close enough to a beach I could enjoy the sand and sun, but close enough to the mountains that I could go hike when I wanted to.

16. Favorite time of day?
The 30 minutes between when I get up and when I get everyone else up.

17. Where were you born?
LaGrange, Georgia

18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
The Olympics.  I love their determination and commitment.

19. What is your favorite fragrance?
The top of a newborn's head.

20. What is your favorite face cream?
I really, really, really love the new Mary Kay Timewise Repair system.  Seriously.  I don't go around talking about skin care at all, but this stuff -- it's like magic.  I love it.

21. Favorite baby/kids products?
Good children's books that have been made into board books.  It's never too early to get a book into a child's hands.

22. People watcher?
Definitely.  People are fascinating.

23. Are you a morning or night person? 
Night person by nature.  Morning person by necessity.

24. Do you have any pets?
Thankfully, no.  I am *not* a  pet person.

25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
Emily gave me unsolicited outfit approval today.  That's a rare thing.

26. What did you want to be when you were little?
A mom.

27. What is your favorite memory?
So many to choose from!  Italy with my sister.  A weekend in a Lake House with my lifelong friends.  Laughing non-stop with my daughters during our photo shoot.  Giving birth to my children . . . so many good memories, it's hard to choose one.

28. Are you a cat or dog person?
If I have to choose one, a dog person.  I love dogs, but do not have time to be a pet owner.

29. Are you married?
Yes.  25 years and counting.

30. Always wear your seat belt?
Yes.

31. Been in a car accident?
No, but there was one that affected my entire life.

32. Any pet peeves?
Bad grammar, poor spelling.

33. Favorite pizza toppings?
Sundried tomatoes and black olives.

34. Favorite flower?
Purple iris.

35. Favorite ice cream?
Butter Pecan.  Yum . . .

36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
I don't like fast food, so a sandwich shop if I have to do it.

37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
None

38. From whom did you get your last email?
My last real one was from my sister.  I get work ones non-stop, but I don't count those.

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Either a book/movie/record store for me or a clothing store for my kids.

40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
The fact that I had to stop and think about this most likely means, "no."

41. Like your job?
Definitely

42. Broccoli?
Albert Broccoli, who made many of the early  James Bond movies. OK, so I like the food too.

43. What was your favorite vacation?
The above-mentioned lake house weekend with my forever friends.

44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
My daughter Becca and my sons went for Mexican food a couple of weeks ago.

45. What are you listening to right now?
Someone getting water at the water fountain.

46. What is your favorite color?
Purple

47. How many tattoos do you have?
Don't you wish you knew? 

Actually, none.  Probably never will.

48. Coffee drinker?
Every morning.  It's like manna.

No comments: