Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 01 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.

1. I tend to take a lot of pictures.
2. I don't tend to take a lot of pictures of myself.
3. This picture is why I don't often hand my camera off to other people. Seriously. Is THIS a good picture?
4. I laugh a lot.
5. I laugh loudly. Probably too loudly for someone who works in a library.
6. I wear dark colors a lot because of that whole slimming effect that our mothers and grandmothers told us about.
7. I don't like it when my weight keeps me from wearing what I want to wear. I tend to just wear it anyway.
8. I keep trying to grow my hair and failing at it. I have a fear that at my funeral, there will be a life time supply of pictures of me with the same hair cut.
9. I had waist-length hair until I was 17.
10. I will turn 43 this year. I want to lose 43 pounds to honor that fact.
11. 40 did not sound old to me. 40 was a WONDERFUL year. 43 seems like old is getting closer.
12. I've lived in the south all my life and I really love it -- the quirks of our history, laid back lifestyle, the richness of our language culture -- but I do NOT like summer in the south. It is WAY too hot.
13. I know that there's a jogger inside of me. I can feel her in there. I can feel her wanting to rise to the challenge, but being afraid that her lack of experience in physical matters will lead to her early demise.
14. When I was 17, I not only had waist-length hair, but I thought I was overweight. I wasn't. I would give just about anything to be that "overweight" again.
15. I am blessed by a great number of wonderful friends who have laughed with me when I laughed, cried with me when I cried, encouraged me when I wanted to quit, and sustained me when I was completely empty. I know they will also travel this food journey with me.

1 comment:

Kirk said...

My cousin just posted this picture of me when I was 17. I thought I was fat, too.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150105348058357&set=t.1649544598&theater