Sunday, November 14, 2010

November 7 -- Free refills

Can you guess which one is me?

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Lisa who was 18 years old. Like most 18-year-olds, she made a lot of choices. Some were good, some were not. One really, really good choice she made was the choice to be a part of Regina, a social club at Harding University.

Regina has been a part of Harding for a LONG time. Much longer than I have been around. The women who were a part of Regina when I was in school were my church. Seriously. They prayed with me, played with me, consoled me during grief, held me accountable to standards higher than I had for myself. Some of us were young and broke and newlyweds together. It was a special time with special friends.

Saturday, we had a reunion with Regina and our awesome brother club, Chi Sigs. It was absolutely wonderful. Three years ago, I became a faculty sponsor for Regina and getting to know this incarnation of the group has been wonderful. Seeing NOW Regina with THEN Regina was a taste of Heaven.

Here's a picture of a lot of us, 20 years down the road.


There was a lot of this:


And some of this:


Now can you find me? We don't look bad twenty years later, do we?

Thank you to all of you who helped make that Saturday such a special, memorable day. I was drinking in the joy and just couldn't drink enough. I love you all.

No comments: