Thursday, November 04, 2010

November 4


My beautiful Grandmother


My wonderful dad


My funny and talented brother

OK. Not that I'm not thankful for other people in my family, but today I'm thinking about the people in my family with November birthdays. There are others too, but these are the three who were the biggest part of my life. It was so much fun to get together for Thanksgiving and have a birthday party for everyone before the weekend was over. Good times, good times.

I don't even know if I can find words to say what these people have meant to me over the years. They're why I am who I am. Trying to pull out their influence on my life would be like trying to pull apart pieces of construction paper that had been glued together.

So I'm thankful for family and birthdays and November and time together and influence and faith and traditions and hope and eternal life and salvation and music and sense of humor and oh-so-many things that I think of when I think of these people.

Grandmother -- Mildred Christmas
Daddy -- Eugene Underwood
Brother -- Alan Underwood

Part of me yet not me.

I am thankful.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love this post, Lisa. My sister and I were born the same day in Oct... 3 years apart. My folks (both deceased) had March B-days.

Sally Goldin (Sister)
Fran Van Sicklen (Mom)
Hunter Van Sicklen (Dad)

Part of me and yet not me...

I join you with a thankful heart!