Wednesday, December 09, 2009

A true story

Two years ago, I left the plants in my office untended and unwatered for four weeks over Christmas break. I was working full time, in grad school, and quite honestly those plants were the last thing on my mind. I didn't realize they were completely out of water when I closed my office door on the last day of the semester. When I came back in January they were severely dehydrated and on death's door.

Before Christmas, I had purchased Josh Groban's Christmas cd Noel and it was still in the cd player on my computer. I knew that music was good for plants so after I watered them, I kept playing the calm, peaceful melodies over and over. Within two days, Josh Groban had brought my almost dead plants back to life. It was a true Groban-inspired miracle!

Here is a short version of Mr. Josh singing It Came Upon a Midnight Clear. It's a clip from Live with Regis and Kelly.



OK. Now watch it again. Pay attention to when the video shows the chorus in the back. See that really tall guy at minute 1:46? That's my friend Terrance Talley. I'm so proud of him!

No comments: