Thursday, November 19, 2009

The movie list, part 2



I promised to send the rest of the list and then wasn't feeling well and then got distracted . . . sigh. . . but here it is:
THE REST OF THE LIST OF MOVIES RECOMMENDED BY LISA BURLEY'S FRIENDS

If you missed the first part, you can find it here.

1. Amazing Grace (again)
2. Lars and the Real Girl
3. Be Kind, Rewind
4. Lost in Austen
5. Mansfield Park (with Francis O'Connell)
6. While You Were Sleeping
7. The Mission
8. Il Postino
9. Miracle Run
10. The Ringer
11. Joe vs. the Volcano
12. Hush, Hush, Sweet Charlotte (used to be a staple at Harding around Halloween, by the way!)
13. The Smartest Guys in the Room
14. Amelia
15. Tea with Mussolini
16. Cinema Paradiso
17. Mostly Martha
18. Big Night
19. Love/Actually
20. Oliver!
21. #1 Ladies Detective Agency (actually a series with a movie-length premier.)
22. The Holiday
23. Elf
24. Meet me in St. Louis
25. Rabbit-proof Fence
26. Man From Snowy River
27. A Far Off Place
28. Our Mutual Friend
29. Secondhand Lions (LOVE this one!)
30. The Parent Trap (the new one with Dennis Quaid)
31. We Are Marshall
32. Greatest Game
33. Remember the Titans
34. Miracle
35. The Rookie
36. Like Mike
37. Invincible
38. The Dish
30. U-571
31. The Tunnel
32. Das Boot
33. The Express
34. Just Write
35. Charlie Bartlett
35. Little Miss Sunshine
36. God Grew Tired of Us
37. The Boy in Striped Pajamas
38. Shawshank Redemption

Wow. That's a lot of movies. Some of them were recommended more than once, with the highest number of recommendations going to Schindler's List. Green Mile came in second place.

So now, in addition to having that long list of books that I'll probably never get read, I also have a list of movies that I'll probably never get watched. It was fun to see the variety of recommendations. There were some I'd never heard of and some I know enough about to know that I probably won't watch them. I'm a very visual person and the images that go into my head stay with me a long time. I've always had to be careful, going WAY back to the time when the Childcatcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang would keep me up at night. That was one creepy dude!

No comments: