Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Back to the real world

Does anyone remember Amy Grant's song Mountain Top? Here are a few of the words:

I like to sing and I like to pray
Worship the Lord most every way
I go to the temple and I just want to stay
To hide from the hustle of the world and its ways

Oh, I like to be on a mountain top
Fellowshipping with our Lord
And I like to be on a mountain top
'Cause I long to feel my spirit soar
But I've got to come down from the mountain top
To the people in the valley below
Or they'll never know
That they can go
To the mountain of the Lord.


That's a hard thing to do, isn't it? Wouldn't we all love to live in a place where we're connected to and in harmony with the Lord on an ongoing basis? I know I would.

One thing I miss the most about my SAHM days was my ability to spend so much time in study and prayer. Don't misunderstand me -- I still communicate with God regularly, but I don't feel that I commune with him as often as I did in those days. If I wanted to stay up until 2:00 in thought and prayer, then so be it. If I wanted to crank up the praise music in the house, then so be it.

I miss those days. I'm a wiped out puppy by 10:00 PM and although my co-workers put up with my frequent, loud laughter I'm not sure how well it would go over to have Steven Curtis Chapman or Third Day blasting through Brackett. :-)

So how do you other fulltime workers manage this? How do you find a mountain top? Is it possible to reach a mountain top when your time is pulled in so many different directions?

I'm searching for answers here . . . help me out, OK?

No comments: