Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like . . . .Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Day is just around the corner. Can you believe it? Today the air is cool and crisp but the weather man is predicting temperatures in the upper 60's for Thanksgiving Day. We have a family dinner planned with my parents, my sister and her husband, and my younger brother, his wife and their three children. We're meeting at my parents' house and dividing up the cooking responsibilities so no one has to bear the entire load.

Which reminds me -- I need to catch up on my list. I took a few days away from the computer but I'm back in my office today to work on some grad class assignments. So are you ready? Here we go – Friday through Monday.

Friday – Today was the last day of classes before our university’s week-long Thanksgiving break. Woo-hoo!

Saturday – Today was the LAST meeting of a particularly challenging class I’ve had this semester. The end is near! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, it’s not a train coming to smash me to bits.

Sunday – Today I got to take Rebecca to get her senior pictures made. Our friend Maury is a work-at-home mom with a photography business. She is an amazing artist with an eye for detail that many do not have. We went to the Old Mill in North Little Rock and the state capitol building in Little Rock. The weather was gorgeous and the pictures look great. You can get a sneak peek at Maury’s photo blog. The rest of the pictures will be posted at here later this week. If you live anywhere near central Arkansas, you should call Maury. She was recently published in At Home in Arkansas. What an honor!

Monday – I’m so thankful for laughter! My friend Denise included this site on her blog. Put your name in the box and see what movie quote you get. Here are my results:

I always say a kiss on the hand might feel very good, but a Lisa lasts forever.

Ha ha! You can do it over and over. Rebecca and I had a great time with it yesterday. Here’s another one I got:

Lisa, for lack of a better word, is good.

See, I have proof now.

No comments: