Monday, April 10, 2006

Race for the Cure

Ok. This is the year. Rebecca and I have always talked about running the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in Little Rock. Next year, she will be a senior in high school, so it's about time that we actually *do* this.

The problem? I'm completely and totally out of shape. The thought of running might cause a coronary. But, I watched "The Biggest Loser" a couple of times and noticed that they had *huge* people on there who were actually jogging. If they can do it, I can do it. I guess. Maybe.

My plan is for us to do this program called "Couch to 5K." Sounds promising doesn't it? Even with that, I think I'll take two weeks on each level of activity rather than going through it week-by-week. I just literally cannot remember the last time I *jogged*. But I have to do this. I promised Rebecca years ago and now is the time.

Pray for me!!!! :-)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I've done the "Couch to 5k" program!! And I think your 2 weeks per level plan is a good one. You can do it!

Sheila said...

I am so proud of you for even considering this! You are an encouragement to me. And it's so true that a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Go for it.

Lawrence Underwood said...

Way to go girl! You can do it. I'm currently on the road every morning myself. My goal is to finish the St. Jude this December. Many miles to go and pounds to lose!