Sunday, August 03, 2014

Yesterday

With all due respect to the Beatles, yesterday, my troubles did not seem far away. One of my lifelong, closest friend's dad passed away. I spent most of the day running errands or playing taxi. I was reminded again of my own mom's failing health and the fact that her care is bordering on being beyond what we can manage on our own. 

By the time the day ended, I was spent. Tired. Processing. Sad. I didn't take the time to think about food. I just ate. Less than I would on some other days, maybe, but definitely more than what was needed. I knew I was eating for comfort. To numb the sadness and to find a familiar feeling. 

Today is a new day. It will also have challenges. A dear friend is moving across country and this will be her last time at church with us here. My sweet Emily is moving back to Jonesboro for another semester of college. I will gather with childhood friends to grieve the loss of another of our parents. 

Life will continue. 

With all of its beautiful messiness, life will continue. 


No comments: