Thursday, October 11, 2012

40 Days of Thankfulness: Day Two

I'm thankful for knitting.  I'm thankful for the fact that in short bursts of time, I can still create something.  I thankful for the homey feeling it gives.  I'm thankful for the connection it gives me with women across time and space.  Women who, like me, have been able to provide for their families; who cared for and nurtured the others in their lives.

I am thankful for the rhythmic chink, chink or swoosh, swoosh of the needs as they weave the yarn.  I'm thankful for the back-and-forth and back-and-forth of the yarn. 




I'm thankful for beautiful, fun yarn that allows very basic stitches and patterns to take on a whole new life.  I am also thankful for gentler, subtler colors that provide visual serenity in a chaotic world.



And YOU are probably thankful that I knit too.  :-)  

No comments: