Tuesday, August 07, 2012

My brain planning an exercise routine

Ok.  Yes.  I need to do this.  I have to do this.  I don't want to be the person who slows anyone down when I'm old.  So -- yeah -- I need to do this.  Ok.  When is this going to happen?  IT'S TOO HOT!!  I can't do this, who am I kidding? CRUNCHES?  I can't even DO a crunch.  No, I'll just do what I can and hopefully be able to do more as I stay with it.  One step at a time.  OMG.  JUNIOR HIGH PE FLASHBACK!!  AWKWARD JUNIOR HIGH ME ALERT!!!  Why didn't I get to take dance or gymnastics?  Then I wouldn't be so awkward.  Lawrence loves to run.  Sheila loves to run.  Maybe I'm a runner and don't know it. There's no way I could be a runner, is there?  Maybe I'm a runner.  IT'S TOO HOT!!!  And did I mention that it's hot?  So . . . when am I going to do this?  Morning is the only time so ... uhm ... 5:30.  I can get up at 5:30.  The Shred thing is only 20 minutes long so I'd be done about 6:00, can shower and have coffee (coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee) and still get out the door on time.  5:30 is early.  Seriously.  Early, but if not then, it'll never happen.  So.  5:30 it is.  Strength and dignity are her clothing -- this may help with the strength thing, but awkward jr hi me will never have that dignity thing down.  HOW AM I 44 AND STILL WORRYING ABOUT AWKWARD JR HI ME?  Live in the moment.  BE in the moment.  The now. Not jr hi, but now. The present.  The crazy 5:30 AM present moment.  Never mind.  I'm waiting until everyone else leaves for work or band or whatever.  5:30 is not the time.  Not today.  Tomorrow?  5:30.  Today.  No. 


Whew!  I'm tired just thinking about all this.  Since I'm tired, does this count as exercise?  Surely it does  And you wonder why I've never done this regularly? It's exhausting!

No comments: