Saturday, March 05, 2011

Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most messed up things with.

Well, I'm sitting at home and we had to resurrect a really old computer just to have something functional. This means I have NO real life pictures on here. I could do a Google image search and try to come up with something funny and clever, but really all I need is a picture of me.

Why? Because typically when I do something that's truly messed up, it's because I'm not listening to other people. Not trying to learn from others' experiences. Not keeping myself accountable to others who care about me.

We're not meant to go it alone. We need friends. We need GOOD friends who will support and encourage us no matter what, but who are also unafraid to hold us accountable to who we say we are and what we say we believe.

I am thankful for my friends who fill that role for me, and I hope that you have those people in your life too. I hope that I will be that person for you when you need it.

By the way, I know that the person who came up with this 30 day picture challenge most likely didn't have anything deep on his or her mind when they chose this day. It's been a very heavy week on my campus and I've been reminded once more of the importance of listening to the right people and also the consequences of what happens when we don't. Forgive me for being so serious with what was supposed to be a lighthearted post, but I've experienced both ends of this spectrum in just the last 4 days. I've seen real friendship that isn't afraid to tell the truth and I've seen unwise counsel given to those who are struggling. I'm holding on simply by having faith that God can and will call good from this situation.

No comments: