Thursday, April 22, 2010

What are YOU eating?

Last night, I watched Food, Inc., a documentary about the food industry in North America.

Wow. I may never eat meat again, and I'm definitely planting a garden this year.



If you haven't seen it, you should. It will change the way you think about eating and shopping for food, and it will make you see some companies in a very different light.

And for the record, that was a veggie burger I had for lunch. Beef is DEFINITELY off the menu.

PS: Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping MANA reach 10,000 fans on Facebook! You saved children's lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Logan and I had a great dinner at Red Robin the other night and I had my first Garden Buger. I think I am going to stick with it. Here in Fayetteville are several places that offer a good veggie-burger. It will be healthy, more humane and I think an all-round better life-style for me.

Not long ago I watched an episode of This American Life with Ira Glass as they went to a pig farm to watch a pigs life from beginning to end. It was very disturbing and sad and yes... made me question my food a lot.

Burger King is now offering a veggie burger. My friend likes it with bacon. Just a suggestion....

lisa b said...

Oh, Coleman. One thing I knew for certain as soon as I watched it was that I would never buy a Smithfield ham again and that I would try to avoid Tyson products if at all possible.

I went grocery shopping on Saturday and couldn't even make myself walk by the beef, pork, or chicken area. I went home with frozen fish and canned salmon and tuna.