Thursday, March 18, 2010

Things I get excited about

Yesterday, Caleb had a check up with the Endocrinology team at Children's. I'm always nervous before these. Have we kept good enough records? Are we eating too many carbs? What about the days we didn't remind Caleb to check his blood sugar first thing in the morning or before he went to bed or . . . ?

You get the picture.

Anyway, yesterday's appointment went really, really well! Even though his daily numbers can be all over the place, his averages were good. The primary measurement (called A1C) was 6.7, which is in the non-diabetic range. No, this doesn't mean that he's "getting over it" or that his body is recovering its ability to make insulin, but it does mean that he is healthy and that makes me excited.

One of the things they really liked was the e-mealz.com low-carb supper plans that we've been using. I put a link over on the left-hand side bar so you can go see their site. We learned about e-mealz when we took a Dave Ramsey course last summer. I enjoy cooking, but meal planning and grocery shopping have always been big struggles for me. E-mealz is only $15.00 for a 3-month subscription and I get a low-carb meal plan every week that includes main dishes, sides, and an item-by-item grocery list. It's a no-fail way to make sure you have a plan and the needed groceries every day. Get this: you can even tell them which grocery store you tend to use and they'll send you the plan for that store. Yeah. It's that cool.


AND last but not least, I get very excited about The Chronicles of Narnia. You already knew that, didn't you? Here's a fan-made trailer for the upcoming Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie. Rumor has it that it will be in theaters December of 2010. I can't wait. Yes, I know that I will have to and that means that I can wait, but still. . . . I can't wait!

No comments: