Monday, May 18, 2009

Meaning on Monday

Just FYI, the picture on Wordless Wednesday's post was taken in the break room of my own place of employment and YES, it was hanging there WAY before I came around. People are often surprised by the amount of laughing and loudness that goes on in the staff area of our library. Stereotypes are destroyed every day.

So why did I post that? Was there some special meaning to it? Not particularly. We're hosting a conference this week and I'm working on a presentation about the things we do that encourage "positive staff morale." We really do have so much fun together. My co-workers are some of my favorite people in the world. They are more than fellow employees. They are brothers and sisters in Christ. They are friends . . . they are family.

We laugh until we cry and then we cry until we laugh again. On one work related trip, it was my turn to drive and I was laughing so hard I had to pull over until we could all settle down a bit. I realize it's rare to enjoy work so much. Work is a bright spot in my life; I am incredibly blessed.

If you know any stuffy, shushing librarians, then I'm sorry. Just come hang out with my crew for a while and your faith in the joy of reading and learning will be restored!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Glad you don't fit the stereotype of the traditional librarian.