Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tagged by Amy!

My niece Amy tagged me in the "25 Things About You." Coming from her, I consider this quite an honor! So here goes -- 25 Things You May or May Not Have Known About Me.
  1. I don't have a lot of memories from early childhood, but I do remember the night my younger brother was born. I woke up during the night to get a drink and my next-door neighbors were there instead of my parents. By the time I woke up in the morning, my grandparents were there.
  2. I also remember a time when I was about 4 and ran through the house yelling, "Mary Jane! Mary Jane!" (Mary Jane is my mom.)
  3. I also remember telling my mom that it was no fun to be three. Two was way better in my little three-year-old brain.
  4. I love to read almost anything, but prefer books that make me think, "Wow! That one belongs in a lit class." I don't have much patience for books that are written just to make money.
  5. I love music. All kinds of music. Well - not rap or country or southern gospel, but pretty much anything else is good.
  6. Until a week ago, I had a poster of Sean Connery hanging in my office.
  7. I've always wanted to be a mom. When I was 12, I said I wanted 12 children and had names picked out for them.
  8. I love movies, but don't really like "chick flicks." I'd rather watch Batman Begins than The Notebook.
  9. I do, however, love musicals. Dreamgirls, Hairspray, and Mamma Mia are my favorite ones from recent years.
  10. I didn't learn how to drive until I was 18. A year later I learned to drive a stick shift. I love to drive stick shifts.
  11. I am probably the only woman in the history of the world who was cold during pregnancy. Most people complained of the heat, but I couldn't get warm until about a month before my babies were born.
  12. Speaking of my babies, they have birthdays on the 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, and 16th days of their respective birth months. NO, I am not trying to find one fill the 15th. I will gladly tell everyone that our dog was born on the 15th.
  13. Speaking of dogs, I have one. His name is Sirius Maximus.
  14. I really don't think I'm that interesting. I'm having a hard time thinking of 25 things.
  15. Oh yeah. I've been written about in four books. Two tell the same story of something I did when I was really young. One was a book about birth experiences, and another one was about women and prayer.
  16. Speaking of birth experiences, four of my babies were born at home with midwives instead of in hospitals with doctors. It was a lot of hard work, but I'm so glad I did it that way.
  17. And -- yes -- I would be a midwife if I could afford the time and energy it would take for the training.
  18. I was born in 1968 and have had a lifelong fascination with all things hippie.
  19. Speaking of the 60's and hippies, I went to a 60's themed Valentine's Day dinner last week. My hair is too short to pull off the hippie look so went in full beatnik fashion -- black turtleneck, black leather knee length skirt, black tights, and black ankle boots. I even did real heavy 60's eye make-up and left my glasses at home so it would show up.
  20. I always envisioned myself living in a city, but that hasn't happened.
  21. I never envisioned myself living in Searcy, and that did happen.
  22. I would live at the beach if I could. My skin would hate me forever, but I would be in paradise every day.
  23. I don't like coconut.
  24. I love to laugh. Once I was driving home from a work related trip with two of my co-workers and we laughed so hard we had to pull over and stop. I really think I might've been pulled over for driving under the influence of laughter if I hadn't stopped for a while.
  25. Most people who know me think I'm way too loud to work in a library. I just smile and let them know that my office is WAY in the back, which is good because my office is usually full of music and laughter. And -- until last week -- Sean Connery.
Hmm -- who to tag? I'll have to think about that and get back to you later.

No comments: