Thursday, December 13, 2007

1. Hot Chocolate


Although I enjoy a cup of coffee as much as the next person, hot chocolate will always have a special place in my life. Hot chocolate reminds me of childhood. Football games with hot chocolate so hot you have to wait to drink it. Long walks in the occasionally icy, snowy Arkansas weather, followed by a warm cup of chocolate on the return home.

Now that I think of it, I believe I prefer hot chocolate to coffee. These days, life is stressful and there's something about that warm rich liquid that is calming. I can feel the tension easing from neck and shoulders; it offers an invitation to kick off shoes and sit back for a while. Coffee urges me on to the next thing. Be awake, be alert, be productive. Hot chocolate encourages me to enjoy where I am and what I have at the moment.

Hot chocolate is definitely one of my favorite things about December.

1 comment:

Mom of these kids said...

Mmmmmm that looks SO good!!