Thursday, November 09, 2006

Guidance and Freedom

Yesterday was a busy day and I didn't have time to list my thanks in writing, so today I'm going to do double duty.

Last night at home Bible Study I realized how thankful I am that God still speaks to us . I am thankful for the times in my life when He has come to me and reminded me that he will always be with me, even when I am hardly fit to be with. I'm thankful for his Word and the way it plants itself within us and I'm thankful for the Holy Spirit who puts it into use within us.

Do I understand how all of these things happen? No, but I know they do. I know that we serve a God who is much bigger than we can ever imagine and that he does things I will never understand. He never tires of me, never rolls his eyes when I come with the same problem again. He sets a high standard -- how could I ever love others as much as he does? -- but he loves me whether I meet the standard or not.

What a mighty God we serve!

Today I am thankful for the freedom he gives me. I think the Newsboys celebrate it best, so I'll leave you with their words.

Through You the blind will see
Through You the mute will sing
Through You the dead will rise
Through You our hearts will praise
Through You the darkness flees
Through You my heart screams I am free
I am free

Chorus:
I am free to run
(I am free to run)
I am free to dance
(I am free to dance)
I am free to live for You
(I am free to live for You)
I am free
(I am free)
Yes, I am free
(I am free)

Through You the kingdom's come
Through You the battle's won
Through You I'm not afraid
Through You the price is paid
Through You there's victory
Because of You my heart screams I am free
I am free

Chorus:

Who the Son sets free is free indeed.
Who the Son sets free is free indeed.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I'm intrigued by your writing about this on your blog on this day. I just wrote in an email yesterday to someone about an intense realization of how God has worked in my life and is working still, even though I can't explain the "how."

Maybe it was the Spirit, saying, "Those two sisters both need a little reminder right now..."

Who knows. I also haven't looked at your blog for two weeks b/c of being away from home so much. I love your thanksgiving theme (and left some comments on earlier posts.)

Love you!