Saturday, March 04, 2006

Tradition!

Tradition! Tradition! (Sing with me now!) Tradition!

I'm so, so excited. I learned yesterday that Harding's Homecoming 2006 musical will be "Fiddler on the Roof" and will star one of my favorite people in the world-- Craig Jones -- as Tevye, the musing milkman.

I love the story and music of Fiddler and introduced my children to it at very young ages. It's a "must see" that we show to all of their friends who are around enough to absorbed into Burley world. As a parent, it's heartbreaking to see Tevye's third daughter choose to marry outside of her faith. As a music lover, it's amazing to hear the Russian-inspired music and see the Jewish culture come through. As one who enjoys anazlying life, it's fun to hear Tevye ponder the meaning of it all and attempt to look at life from different points of view.

Rebecca says I should try out for the role of Yente the matchmaker or Fruma Sara who comes from the grave to warn Tevye and Golda of their oldest daughter Zeitel's upcoming marriage. Oh, if only I could. This fall will be full of grad school, working, and being a mom. But OH! how much fun it would be: "pearls, pearls PEARLS!" How fun to stand up on a platform, shrieking before the world! :-)

Ahh, well, responsibility calls. There are times when I must simply be an adult.

God is good, amen? And to that I say, "L'chaim!"

No comments: